Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Surfer's Sunset

If I was a surfer, you'd be the sunset.
I come for the tides that relieve my day to day frustrations and my reality. The therapeutic waves crush the memories imprinted in me, stealing my complete attention for the little time I have in the mesmerizing consuming water. This moment I have anticipated for hits me, once my bored bare feet enter my personal water world. The water is filled with endless vibrant chatter. As all the waves meet, they converse on the details and events that have occurred before their longed for reunion. With enthusiasm some waves strike my ears with their intense roars imitating bloodthirsty tigers chasing their terrified, defenceless prey. I come for all of this. The social world of this sea. The excitement and glee the waves provide me with, as my board of life collides with each and every one of them. But mentally there is a vague and brief fading image that largely contributes to the reason why I come to "ride" the wavefront. The sunset.
The breathtaking sight intoxicates me, chasing away all my thoughts before that moment. That moment when my eyes meet the dark vibrant colours spreading across the sky with the appealingly intense circular light in the centre. It stops my world. Briefly becoming the centre, through my subjective perception leaving my proactive ways I enter the reactive atmosphere. The endless chatter of the waves seemingly fade or perhaps I simply am too distracted to notice. Distracted with the bright shiny thing that I waited so long for. It is like nothing in the world I have ever came across before. It is effortlessly attention grabbing so different from everything else. This intoxicating scene appears only at this moment and only here am I able to capture it. This exact place at this precise time allows me to collide with the sunset. As I mindlessly gaze at the unique view I briefly feel the closeness between the intangible object and I. It feels as though, finally our worlds collide. I ignore the impracticality of the concept as it is something that doesn't belong to the world I am too familiar with. It and its elusiveness doesn't belong in my logical world. At that moment it may feel so close, yet at the same time be so far. In fact out of this world. Standing at a point in the solar system and the distance is so far to the extent that it is unmeasurable. But logic is trapped outside at that moment, there are personal blocks I built without realisation in my mind. I am too dazed to consider the factual concepts. But like they say, every song ends. And as I return to reality I can't help but wait for next time...

No comments: