Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday.

This is the life I'm living. I've got to put a pause on everything else, I can't want. The things I want have got to wait. Staying focused is what I have to do. Everyday, I drill it into my head as if the words are screws. It keeps my head together, keeping my life together. Places to be, people to see. No. I've got to figure this out before I leave.
I want to ignore these responsibilities badly. But I can't and I won't. This time, I'm really trying. Trying to make things right.
Schedules filling up. I just want to escape. Is that so much to ask? Live a day without having to be somewhere important, having to do something. I miss those careless days, been a rebel for too long. I've got to face up to responsibility now. Can't live the way I've been living. I'll miss those days. But for now I've got to keep my head up high and iron my life out. Sure, I'll be distracted a lot of the time, but I can't help that. Just have to keep reminding myself that I've got things to do and places to be. It'll be hard, I know, the heat of it all will get to me. I'm sure I'll burn with frustration but this is what I have to do.

No comments: