Friday, December 17, 2010

Fantasy

Where do you draw the line between reality and fantasy? The two worlds have blurred and I can't escape either because I don't know where I am. I don't know what path I am on or where I am heading to. I'm walking with a neutral stride hoping to find reason on this indistinct path.
I've been dreaming up my own world. A world that doesn't exist. Reality has become so dissatisfying and demanding that I've unknowingly created an unhealthy outlet. A place where my worries are far, fleeting and forgotten. What is reality? Isn't my world my reality?

There are things I want but I'm unable to acknowledge what these things are. There's a puzzle to solve but the pieces are too scattered and too invisible. There's a problem and there's a question but I don't understand it and I don't have the answers. I stare at it like a taunting math problem that glares back at me I become intimidated by an illusion of my own creation.

Confused. Lost. Like a baby in water, swirming in the foreign environment unable to comprehend the coldness wrapping its body. It screams and cries to draw attention and to express the discomfort even though familiar arms are hugging its body keeping it secure. The sense of familiarity is not enough, the water is suffocating and irritating the skin.

I need out.

No comments: