Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good Morning & Goodbye

Every show has to end. Every drama has an ending but it's not always dramatic. Truth be told, I like drama it makes life and reality interesting but I know better than to hang on to a rope that is falling apart. Hanging on to this rope I have depended on for a long time will only cause painful rope burns that will cut deep. I won't let it get to that point.
Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a word we use when we're in temporary ecstasy. But when you wake up in the morning forever becomes a foolish term. When we were young kids we used to engrave everywhere "FRIENDS 4EVA" and "I LOVE YOU FOREVER!" did we mean it? Maybe some people really did mean it but did whatever it was last forever? No. Not even close. Maybe when we were young, we didn't understand that forever was longer than a couple of minutes, hours or days. Forever represents.. false hope.
I'm at the point where I'm over it all. Over everything. I'm done. Finished. I don't care anymore.
I'm starting new, starting fresh. Beginning a new beginning saying goodbye to history. I'm not the type of person to live on memories, I'd rather turn the page.
Memories are nice and all, but they're not enough, seriously. Living on memories is stupid. I'm not looking back. I'm done with the casualties. No more. That's it.
No more thinking, no more remembering. I'm leaving the past where it belongs. You can't expect me to live on those single moments because I seriously can't and I seriously won't. Yeah sure, you can drive me freaking crazy sometimes. But it's not always the good crazy. I used to pretend a lot of things. I used to pretend like none of it killed me. But the truth is, I think I died every time I saw. I wish it was my imagination. And so the best remedy would be to forget it all, forget the stupid freaking past. I'm not wasting anymore time. No more wrong distractions. I'm not gonna remember you. And I hope it gives you hell.
And I love beginnings and you need an ending for a beginning. I'm not carrying any luggage to this new world. This new world I'm creating. No interference this time. I'm done. Finished. Over it. This new beginning marks the ending of you.

No comments: