Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I get it...

I'm picking up the pieces fixing up the puzzle I thought I'd never be able to figure out.
I think I get it now. And I'm okay with it. It's nice to know, it's nice to understand.
Maybe I didn't want it to be like this..just maybe I hoped that it wouldn't end up like this..just maybe I thought I knew you..just maybe I thought there was more to it. I thought I didn't have the strength to even look on this puzzle ever again. But now I know, now I get it.
Usually I hate the truth, but you know what? I'm glad I know. Now I know not to waste my time.
I'm not going to be that person. I'm not going to be like them. I'm not going down that road, I'm steering away from it. I'm not going to play that role, I'm not going to be the one with regrets. It's not my fate. No more. It makes sense now. Wow. I'm surprised..I'm disappointed..mainly at myself. You didn't want to tell me, and it makes sense. I had to find out like this, and I'm cool with it. I'm not going to waste anymore time thinking and wondering because now I know. That was the best damn phone call I've had all week. It all makes sense. Did you want to push me away? Because there's no need, I'll make it easier for you, I'll walk away.
you had all the chances in the world
to let me know the truth
what the hell's wrong with you
are you even listening when I talk to you?
do you even care what I'm going through?
your eyes stare and they're staring right through me
you're right there but it's like you never knew me
...
And everything will be okay. You don't care, and it shows, and I'm glad.
I've just lived through the two worst days of my life and I survived. I can get through anything. I don't need any of it. I'm a changed person, I changed for the better..


No comments: